10. Gold – $ 55 per gram
Gold is mainly used for jewelry and electronic components.
9. Rhodium – 58 dollars per gram
This metal is used to make other metals harder in an alloy. These include platinum and paladium.
9. Platinum – 58 dollars per gram
The material is used mainly in car catalysts to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
8. Plutonium – 4,000 dollars per gram
Used primarily for nuclear purposes.
7. Painite – $ 9,000 per gram
($ 1,800 per carat of 0.2 grams) Perhaps the most rare precious stone.
6. Taaffeite-Between 2,500 and 20,000 dollars per gram
(500 to 4,000 US dollars per carat of 0.2 grams) This soft gem precious stone is a million times less expensive than diamond. It is too rare to use jewelry often.
5. Tritium – $ 30,000 per gram
The material is most commonly used in the self-illuminating Exit signs in buildings. In the United States there are more than 2 million tritium-powered exit signs.
4. Diamond – $ 55,000 per gram
Used for precious stones but also in tools due to extreme hardness. Diamond is the hardest substance on earth.
3. Californium 252 – 27 million dollars per gram
Because the material is so incredibly expensive to produce, it has little practical utility. Since its discovery in 1950 it has only been produced once.
1. Antimatter – $ 62.5 billion per gram
Antimatter can probably be the fuel for spaceships. However, it requires incredibly expensive technology to create it.